Home Icon

Loading, Please Wait...

Genexa Provides Parents Cleaner Medicine Solutions for Infants and Children

1209 Days ago

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif., March 05, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Mounting scientific evidence is showing that chemicals and toxins used in foods and medicines for preserving, flavoring and packaging may cause harm to a child’s development including an increased risk of allergies.  Wellness company, Genexa, is committed to providing parents more options for cleaner medicines by expanding its current line of USDA certified organic, vegan, gluten-free and non-GMO homeopathic medicines, supplements and traditional over-the-counter (OTC) children’s medications.

The National Academy of Sciences reported that children are profoundly different from adults in how they are affected by exposure to pesticides and other chemicals and are uniquely sensitive, so keeping them healthy requires special protections.  Allergies are the most frequently reported chronic medical condition in children and can be passed through the parents’ genes.  However, foods are one of the most common causes of allergies in children under the age of 1.  Common food allergies in young children can include milk, eggs, nuts, soy wheat, fish and shellfish. 

“What many parents do not realize is that these ingredients are also frequently used in common medications and could be what’s agitating a child’s allergic reaction,” said Dr. Amy Shah, MD, a double board-certified medical doctor in internal medicine and allergy immunology who also serves on Genexa’s medical advisory board. “Chemicals in medicines and personal care products are designed to make our lives more convenient, but are also posing potential health problems.”

Shah recommends parents examine ingredient labels on foods and medicines closely including inactive ingredients that could be the culprit. Generally, the active ingredients in medicines, needed to treat ailments, make up only 10 percent of product, while the other nearly 90 percent serve merely as binders and fillers that could potentially cause more harm than good.

She suggests, when possible, to avoid medicines with inactive ingredients such as: parabens, dyes, phthalates and talc that are often used as fillers, binders, flavors and coloring in medicines. Phthalates, for example, have been linked to childhood obesity and artificial food colors have been associated with worsened attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) symptoms.

Genexa’s medicines are unique in that many are free of lactose, gluten, alcohol, casein, talc, fragrances, parabens and artificial preservatives, flavorings, dyes and colors.  Currently, Genexa’s children’s product line provides remedies for cold and flu, allergies, sleep and stress, including: Cold Crush for Children, Allergy-D for Children, Sleepology for Children, Calm Keeper for Children and Saline Care for Infants. Due to popularity of the children’s products, Genexa will expand its offerings this year to include OTC medications for infant eczema and diaper rash cream; children’s antacid relief, saline care and vitamin D3; and will launch a unique liquid organic vitamin D3 drops for infants that is dual-certified USDA Certified Organic and Non-GMO Project Verified.

“We don’t know the exact link to chemicals and toxins in our environment that directly affects allergies, but what we do know is that we live in a modern world where bacteria is too low and toxins are too high,” said Shah. “We need to do a much better job as health care providers and parents when it comes to paying really close attention to the toxins our children are consuming and being exposed to on a daily basis to protect their health and developing immune systems.”

Genexa’s founders, David Johnson and Max Spielberg, built the company out of necessity for their young families. With no optimal options in the OTC aisle providing clean medicines for their children, they spent years developing an advanced technology to remove unhealthy synthetics and toxins and replace them with organic active and inactive ingredients that would work well together in everyday children’s medicines. With the goal to provide cleaner medicines in their households and to also give other parents one less thing to worry about, Genexa continues to lead the way in providing safer options in the OTC aisle. For more information visit: www.genexa.com

A photo accompanying this announcement is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/302a202d-f575-4d4d-b923-1088829254e1

Media Contact:
Amy Summers
212-757-3419 or amy@pitchpublicitynyc.com
Pitch Publicity

We Are Diffrent
Is your business listed correctly on America’s largest city directory network of 1,000 portals? Find your City Portal